SCI Verkehr GmbH is pleased you are interested in the company and have visited our website. We take data protection and data security for our clients, business partners and employees very seriously. In particular, the protection of your personal data is an especially important concern for us.
This statement on data protection explains what information SCI Verkehr collects during your visit to its webpages, and how this information is used.
If you are redirected via a link to another website which does not belong to SCI Verkehr and is not operated by us, you will be able to infer this from the change in the address bar of your browser. This data protection statement does not apply to the use of such sites.
Responsible according to Art. 4 Abs. 7 EU-Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) – the applicable German Data Protection Regulation - is SCI Verkehr GmbH, represented by the Chief Executive Officer Ms. Maria Leenen, Schanzenstraße 117, 20357 Hamburg, Tel.: +49 40 50 71 97 0, Fax: +49 40 50 71 97 20, hamburgsci.de.
I. Data collection
In principle you can access our webpages without disclosing any information about yourself, and without any personal data being stored by SCI Verkehr or by service providers on our behalf.
When using a small number of web pages, such as subscribing to our newsletter, requesting contact from us or accessing our free downloads, you will be asked to send us specific personal data by entering them on the web page. All free downloads from SCI Verkehr are also possible without entering personal data, although entering your email address along with the download offers you the opportunity to ensure that you will in future continue to receive relevant information or information about our new products and/or services through our newsletter. Only for contact requests are a few field mandatory, in order to allow us to respond to the assignment or request. All remaining fields are optional for you to fill in. You are also free not to submit information marked by us as a mandatory. However, in this case we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or information you need, or to make contact with you.
a) Visiting the website
The provider of the webpages automatically gathers and stores information in Server-Log Files, which your browser automatically sends to us. These contain:
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Hostname of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
These data are required to ensure a smooth connection set-up as well as stable use of the website. The information is temporarily stored in a logfile and held until automated deletion. The legal basis for handling these data is art. 6 paragraph. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. These data are not combined with other data sources, and in particular we do not use these collected data to draw conclusions about your person. We reserve the right to retrospectively examine these data if we discover concrete evidence of illegal usage.
If a business partner and/or customer asks us in writing or in person to send them one of our email newsletters, and have in this connection sent us their email address, we store it in order to send the newsletter. The legal basis for this is art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO. In subscribing to the newsletter, you are also indicating your understanding that you will occasionally receive recommendations for our new products and services which may interest you. Further information about yourself can be optionally submitted when subscribing to the newsletter. You can find further details about this in the data protection notices which are included in each newsletter.
You can of course unsubscribe from the newsletter and/or from receiving our marketing, and this option is clearly shown at the bottom of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can send an unsubscribe request at any time by email to hamburgsci-verkehr.de.
c) Contact form
If you send us a request using the contact form, the information you enter in the form including the contact details you enter there will be stored by us. The data you enter will remain with us until you request their deletion, withdraw your consent to have data stored or the purpose of the data storage is concluded (e.g. once processing your request is completed). Obligatory legal requirements – in particular retention periods – are not affected. We will not pass on these data without your consent.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting you follows art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO on the basis of your freely given consent.
II. Use and disclosure of data
In cases where you have submitted personal data to us, we will handle your data responsibly and with the highest possible care. The confidentiality of your personal data is strictly protected by SCI Verkehr in accordance with the provisions of the Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz), the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz), the DSGVO and other laws to protect your privacy and control over your own information.
Insofar as we may wish to employ usage data from your visit to our webpages and combine them with your customer data – in order to improve an individual product offer or our services – we will acquire your explicit consent for this through an internet dialogue box. Through this we will also inform you about the nature and scope of the data collected. If you do not want to consent, you can continue any dialogue box without having data gathered and stored, or you can close or end the dialogue box.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your explicit consent for this in accordance with art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. a DSGVO;
- there is a legal obligation to pass on data in accordance with art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. c DSGVO;
- this is legally permitted and is required under art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO for settling contractual relationships with you; or
- this is required in accordance with art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO to protect your legitimate interests, and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominant legitimate interest in not having your data passed on.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes specified to protection of our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
IV. Analytical tools
We employ tracking measures on the basis of art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. For this, we use the open-source software Matomo for analysis and statistical evaluation of website usage. For this purpose, cookies are used (see section III). The information produced by the cookie about website usage is transferred to our server and summarised in pseudonymous user profiles. The information is used to evaluate usage of our website and to allow us to organised the website to match customer needs. This information is not passed on to third parties.
In no case is the IP address connected with other data concerning the user. IP addresses are anonymised, making attribution impossible (IP masking).
If you do not agree to the storage and use of your data, you can deactivate the storage and use here. In this case, an opt-out cookie will be stored in your browser which prevents Matomo from storing usage data. If you delete your cookies, this also means that the Matomo opt-out cookie will be deleted. The opt-out will then have to be reactivated if you revisit our website.
You can decide here whether an explicit web analysis cookie may be stored in your browser in order to allow the operator of this website to collect and analyse various statistical data.
If you decide against this, please click the following link to store the Matomo deactivation cookie in your browser.
VI. Rights of persons affected
You have the right:
- in accordance with art. 15 DSGVO to request disclosure of your personal data processed by us;
- in accordance with art. 16 DSGVO to request the immediate correction of incorrect personal data or supplementation of incomplete data stored by us;
- in accordance with art. 17 DSGVO to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, insofar as there is not a requirement to process the data: in order to exercise the right to free expression of opinion and information; in order to fulfil a legal obligation based on public interest; or in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with art. 18 DSGVO to request that the processing of your personal data be limited if: you dispute the accuracy of the data; the processing is unlawful but you have refused deletion of the data and we no longer need them, but you nonetheless need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims; or you have submitted an objection to processing of your data in accordance with art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with art. 20 DSGVO to receive the personal data which you provided to use in a structured, current and machine-readable format, or to request their transfer to another person responsible;
- in accordance with art. 7 paragraph 3 DSGVO to withdraw at any time your consent previously given. This means that we may not in future continue the data processing which depended on this consent; and
- in accordance with art. 77 DSGVO to complain to a regulatory authority. In general, for this purpose you can turn to the regulatory authority of your usual residence or place of work, or that of the headquarters of our company.
VII. Right of objection
Insofar as your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with art. 6 paragraph 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right under art. 21 DSGVO to submit an objection to the processing of your personal data, insofar as there are grounds arising from your specific situation or the objection is against direct marketing.
In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which we will execute without a submission concerning your specific situation.
Concerning this subject as well as other questions on the topic of personal data, you can contact us at any time at hamburgsci.de.
VIII. Data security
For security and to protect the transfer of confidential content, such as requests which you send to us as operator of the website, this website uses SSL encryption. An encrypted connection is indicated by the browser’s address bar changing from "http://" to "https://" and a padlock symbol appearing in the browser bar.
When SSL encryption is activated, data which you send to us cannot be read by third parties.
IX. Validity and changes to this data protection statement
This data protection statement is currently valid, and was last updated in June 2018.
Due to the further development of our website and related offers, or due to changing guidelines imposed by law or by a regulator, it may be necessary to change this data protection statement. You can access and print the currently valid data protection statement at any time through the website at www.sci.de/en/privacy-policy.